Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2014

CATALYSIS_First Group Exhibition

Thanks to my lecturers I was given a chance to take part in this group exhibition along with my lecturer,seniors,classmate and junior...
organize by HOM Art Trans

Loop
2014
Oil on Canvas
120cm x 139cm ( triptych)
SOLD

This is the first artwork I produce since I left school and I honestly think it's the best painting of mine comparing to my school years work. :)

About the Artwork

Alice in Wonderland is a famous story. It has been adapted, retold and remade into movies and other kinds of production. The story starts as Alice jumps into the Rabbit hole and swirls through the mystical hole that is glorious and mysterious. The scenery in the mystical hole is interesting but what attracts me more is the moment when she decides to or not to jump. This is an important moment for Alice. I observe that the decision to jump is more significant than the consequence of such action as Alice reaches the wonderland. This observation helps to choose the topic of my work: “jumping”.
I used to draw comics before I went to Dasein. In comics, paneling and composition are some of the more important elements beside the plot of the story. In my current work, I used these elements to demonstrate a different perspective of “triptych” that is more interesting.

Artist statement

In my work, I focus on gesture and composition. During my final year in the college, as I search for materials to prepare for my portfolio, I discovered that fairy tales and classical stories attracted me most. These materials are the foundation for many of my ideas in my painting.

----------------------------
Photos Taken by HOM TRANS ART during Opening Night

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.584202355041047.1073741860.330809710380314&type=1

Interview about the Exhibition by The Star

http://www.thestar.com.my/Lifestyle/Entertainment/Arts/Frame-Up/2014/10/25/Art-graduates-showcase-talents-at-group-exhibition/

No comments:

Post a Comment