Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

POP UP Exhibition-preface

Another Upcoming Group Exibition I'm participating in is organised by Starhill Gallery and a group called Breakthrough Project, followed up with the name "Pop Up Exhibition"

Which will be featuring 200+ artwork 10+ Artist, the artworks are in fixed size, fixed amount, and fixed price as well, from what I know, I'd say it's like a way they are trying to promote better artworks for common people to purchase.

We weren't given a lot of time to prepare this. For me, it's quite a rush. Given that the official announcement to prepare this exhibition is around November 2014, and dateline at 28th of March. However I was busy being an art assistant for the whole December so I don't have extra time to think about what should I do.

After struggling over a few ideas I finally settle down in consulting myself to concentrate on collage artworks rather than continuing on my fairy tales or literature fantasies. (Since there's not much time left if you subtract the holidays of CNY)

Overall the outcome I would actually give myself 8.5 out of 10 (for the 15 collage works)

If divided the time I used to prepare those 15 artworks, (not including sleeping,eating and resting etc) It's likely 48 hrs per artwork. I didn't even see that I would actually burn the midnight oil nearly a month. It's out of expectations, but it's worth a bunch.

But I also waste some time during the period, I did extra artworks that came out badly because I wasn't giving enough thought to do the right things. Hope I 'll be more focus on what I gonna do and don't change for unnecessary stuff ( on the contrary it's good too i think haha)


No comments:

Post a Comment