Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Pop Up Show-Artworks

Every artist that participate in this exhibition have to submit a total of 20 artworks.

Mine mainly consist of collage and other media.

Under the Night Skies, Pulau Ketam Series:

First batch of Collage Works made (total 4 pcs),
During the Pulau Ketam International Art Festival (See OctoberPost), there are many lovely memories that I simply can't forget. Which of course include the feelings that the place gave me :)

Beside the sea wind, I love the breeze that brush through my face in the night...
Small stories of the artworks:

The Night Sea: In a boat, in the night; the sea looks mysterious and scary to me, but I love the serenity                           of the surrounding.

A Rain's Charm: It was raining almost every day during the festival.

Sunsets: Memories of waiting for the dusk to come just to see my bridge to glow...
               (IT'S FLUORESCENT!!)

Kite Flying: When I was at the Lover's Bridge I saw about 3 or more kites flying very very high.                              Later, I heard that it was flew by an old fisherman who lost half of his one arm.
                     (It's REALLY HIGH)

In the Sea's Cradle: Memories of experience how it's like going to fish in the sea with the fisherman.
                  ( However the truth is I had probably slept 8 hours out of 12 hours in the fisherman's boat.)

Farewell & Far Away: Trying to depict the feeling of a kind friend of mine who is (secret).

Lantern Walk: The festival was held around the time of Mooncake Festival, so there was this epic                                 walk with the villagers (and of course a bunch of kids!) Very much enjoyed.


The Night Sea
 15cm x 12cm 
Collage on Paper
2015


Lover's Bridge
 15cm x 12cm 
Collage on Paper
2015


A Rain's Charm
 15cm x 12cm 
Collage on Paper
2015

Sun Sets
15cm x 12cm 
Collage on Paper
2015

In The Sea's Cradle
25cm x 21cm
Collage on Paper
2015

Lantern Walk
25cm x 21cm
Collage on Paper
2015


Where the stare lies
25cm x 21cm
Collage on Paper
2015


Kite Flying
21cm x 25cm
Collage on Paper
2015


Bridge
21cm x 25cm
Collage on Paper
2015

Young Boys
21cm x 25cm
Collage on Paper
2015


Far Away
32cm x 36cm
Collage on Paper
2015
[Sold]


Farewell
32cm x 36cm
Collage on Paper
2015
[Sold]


Reminiscence
32cm x 36cm
Collage on Paper
2015

Balloons and Ferris Wheel
32cm x 36cm
Collage on Paper
2015

Endless Night
70cm x 50cm
Collage on Paper
2015


The Lantern Walk
36cm x 32cm
Oil on Canvas
2015
[Sold]

Silent Night
50cm x 70cm
Oil on Canvas
2015
[Sold]


************** 

And, ...some other sort of works. 

Withered
25cm x 21cm
Watercolor on paper
2015

Withered II
25cm x 21cm
Watercolor on paper
2015

 
Asleep (小白)
70cm x 50cm
Charcoal on watercolor paper
2015
**************************************************************

WIP


*****************************************************************
Alsoooooo, some artworks that didn't meet my expectation... and left sobbing in the corner. But I'm just gonna show the photo of before they turn worse.
*******************************************************************

Well, that's pretty much of them.
Much appreciate to my those who help me collect fashion magazines, which the pretty outfits are the main material used for the collage. Thanks a lot to my family for giving me their comments in the setting of my artworks and of course, to those little kids and dear colleague that help me cutting out the dresses from magazines :DDD

Pressure + Excitement + Happiness 




1 comment: