Pages

Friday, October 23, 2015

Her Wonderland

THE EPIC ART COMPETITION------UOB, Painting of the Year... is definitely one of the biggest deal probably because they are giving USD as prizes, haha.

I participated once when I was still a student, the painting I competed with is not very complete, but it's one of my favorites ( and is still hanging in my bed room now)

It's sort of creepy but I really love it lol



This time was my second attempt but I guess it's still long way to go if I really going to get the award

:O

Anyway, it's my first attempt of combining oil and collage together ( have been craving to do this for a really long time since I was into collage) I never expect how the outcome would be and should I be filling the whole canvas with papers...I don't really know (because my student ask me, which i think it's a very good question :] ) Just felt like doing it, that's all. (probably I have got used to fill up every corner with things I had)

The polka dots and the way of painting I did for this was slightly different from how I used to paint, simply because I wanted to try bringing out something ,different. (it's too abstract for me to describe clearly)  I don't know is this the right thing to do or not, even if it's a failure, at least I have learn to do better in the future. Some of the collage part wasn't done very well, however having done such a 'bigger' work than my last it has surely taken me to another level, perhaps.

Her Wonderland
119cm x 86cm
Oil and Collage on Canvas
2015

close up video 


Some description about the artwork:

Imagination often conflict with our lives, daydream happens as we strive through reality. An individual tends to have his own ideal world, which could be enriched with blissful moment and leading a peaceful life. A fulfilled life is built with scattered pieces of what we went through, hence building our very own Wonderland, a secret place of one’s imagination.
The figure is painted in back view, as she sets into her Wonderland, a mixture of emotion and ecstasy; a feeling that is hard to describe and show. While the background finishes off with colorful collage to depict a place that co-exists with reality but unseen. Abstract it may be, still, it is up to us to define something, their existence, meanings or feelings. 
-----------------




No comments:

Post a Comment