Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Hello 2021

 It has been almost a year since am back to Malaysia and I feel I haven't done much or maybe I'm too hard on myself when looking at achieving results. One thing to keep reminding myself is to remember everyone's life time frame is different. Everyone progress in a different pace in their very own journey. 

The Flat paintings series has stopped since I ran out of second hand frames that suits the size am looking for. This sounds like a bad excuse but I have limited space in my studio so I thought to myself it's better to learn to use and source what I have currently. Although later I bought other materials like various color for wool felting, some paper/ air dry clay. As I got amazed with handcraft creations, they are another world compared to oil painting. I can see myself highly interested with experimenting materials, learning new things here and then. But this in return has made me putting less time in oil paintings, which used to be the major things I go for. Not to mentioned, after starting my lecturing job, extra hours are used to record, edit demonstration videos. It feels fulfilling and I could lost myself immersing in that job, but upon switching to studio work my brain kinda freeze for a bit as I proceed. Wonder if anyone feels the same way?

Reading my only post in 2020, and reading my goals and aim I have to say... well... things have surely changed! lol I'm feeling a bit lost now and then, feel like going out for fresh air, to walk, to clear my mind but not in the right time with this pandemic, oh well. I guess I'll do as I go and find what's the aim of my works are gonna be.

Anyways, here're works I've done since the flat series.

Squeeze
Oil on Canvas
60cm x 73cm
2020

Yellow Spotting
65cm x 95cm
Oil on Canvas
2020





No comments:

Post a Comment